Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch trick!

Hi guy's,
    Had to replace the clutch cover gasket & the oil seal the other day,and while I was in there I thought I would have a look at the clutch spline teeth.
    There was a little bit of free play you could feel when you wiggled the release arm.
    There seemed to be just a small amount of wear on the teeth,but I thought what the hey! I removed the release arm & rotated it 180 deg.
    I was suprised at what a difference it made.
    clutch take off is now much smoother.
    Nice one eh!

Yea I know, I should have put this in tech tip's, doh!

Comment

I replaced the bearings and seal as a set, on the clutch release rod that goes through the cover. the difference in clutch feel and effort was HUGE.
      Dink

Comment

where do you get parts to do this kinda stuff cuz myu clutch is stiff as hell

Comment

Any Suzuki dealer. Or bikebandit . Or ronayers etc
          Dink

Comment

By the way, that round oil seal that goes around the clutch spline it's a metal coverd in rubber, a good way to remove it is to punch a small hole in it with a small centre punch or nail punch.
            Do not get carried away you just want to pierce it, and stay away from the casing and shaft.
            Next get a small self tapping screw( short)screw it in alittle ways, I think you have about 10 mm before you touch the bearing.
            Get a big pair of pliers and get a good grip on the head,plae a thin piece of wood between the caseing and the pliers to use as a fulcrum, lever it up and it pops straight out..
            Grease(hi-temp) up the new one,put tape around the top splines so you don't damage it.
            Slide it on gently, push it down square,get a socket slightly smaller than the outside dia of the seal and use it as a driver to seat it fully home,keep checking to make sure its going in square.
            Done!

Comment

Working...
            X