petcock replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petcock replacement

I wnt to replace my vacume petcock with another standard type petcock.

Does anyone know of a standard petcock that will bolt straight up or does anyone have instructions as to what I need to fabricate etc please

Ps: happy christmas and new year to everyone!

regards,
    Andrew

You are going to find a lot of people get a pingel petcock for replacement, they are manual in operation but are the best replacement for the factory vacuum petcocok, some models need an adaptor plate depends on what bike you have, speaking of which, what type of bike do you have? Dennis Kirk is good supplier for these or you may find one on Ebay for less.

Scud

Comment

You can also get a vacuum operated pingle petcock I don't know what is available down under

Comment

When my vacume petcock failed and filled my case with fuel I changed the oil, disconected and plugged the vacume line. Problem solved and so far I have had no problems. However I did put a brass shutoff valve behind the side cover just for GP

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw
          When my vacume petcock failed and filled my case with fuel I changed the oil, disconected and plugged the vacume line. Problem solved and so far I have had no problems. However I did put a brass shutoff valve behind the side cover just for GP

Jasonw, forgive my stupidity, but if the petcock is leaking fuel into the sump when the engine is STOPPED, how could removing the vacume line stop that?

regards,
          Andrew

Comment

thanks for the info and replys peoples but it is really starting to look like I will have to "fabricate" one myself. I will do this by obtaining a non-vacume tap from another bike, and welding the fitting onto a plate which will bolt to the GS tank, gaskets etc and shes a go'er.

Thanks again,

Comment

Might try this thread for some ideas

This subject was just discussed recently and the following thread may provide you with some suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X