new or used carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new or used carbs?

hello everyone!i own a 1977 gs750,it was given to me!it sat 2 years before i got it!when i got it i took off the carbs and my dad rebuilt them!he said that water was in them for so long the sides of the bowls started to be eaten away!i need tofind new or used set of carbs!can someone please help me please!

ebay is your friend... however, you should be able to clean them up really well, replace all the gaskets and be fine...

Comment

Your best bet is to use yours for parts and get another set from Ebay With 79 or older GS 750/850/1000 the intake runners are smaller than the later ones restricting what you can use.

Comment

Can you post some pic's of the corrosion? They may be OK.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

does anyone have a set of carbs for my 1977 suzuki gs750?

Comment

I could have sworn that I saw a set of sliders on e-bay recently.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

what are sliders?

Comment

Oh yeah, here they are:

Wow, the price went way up! I think these will do it though, can someone else confirm?
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

One thing to consider, IF you are going to rejet with a K&N jet kit USE THE K&N filters

Comment

Can you show some pic's of the corrosion? In some places it won't hurt anything. In others it will. "Wiredgeorge", a member here, rebuilds carbs and should be able to get you carbs that are jetted correctly.
                    Whatever you do, don't get carbs that just "look the same". You'll have nothing but jetting problems.
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                    X