Carb synk tool from Dennis Kirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb synk tool from Dennis Kirk

I hait buying stuff I cant see and I guess Dennis Kirks pictures dont realy match up with there products. From what I gather they sell a home mechanic synk tool and a pro sink tool. The discriptions place them at pretty much the same thing but made out of diferent matirials. Has anyone purchased one of these? If so can you please post a picture so I can see what I am buying? If posable a picture of the home Mech tool would be best as it is cheeper than the pro tool and most likly the one I would buy

Here ya go.

Earl

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

try a Morgan Carbtune. much better quality and ease of use.

Comment

Morgan Carbtune II. More money, but much higher quality and wonderful help and support from John Morgan personally if needed. Four stars in every respect.

Earl

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I'm cheap, so I got the Motion Pro from Cycle Recycle.
          Good deal.

Comment

tool

The pro tool is plastic and the mec tubes are recessed in the plastic holder, the home is metal has the tubes clamped into a metal frame and are not recessed the pro tool works the same as the home one, and has the same hardware as the home,pro tool is just a little more rugged built for shop use, I have both, don't ask why??

Comment

Morgan Carbtune II rules! I have it too.

Comment

Where can you get a Morgan carbtune in the U.S. or Canada?

Comment

As far as I know, John Morgan does not have any distributors. You must order directly from him in England. http://www.carbtune.com/

Earl

Originally posted by Dunkin
                  Where can you get a Morgan carbtune in the U.S. or Canada?

Comment

Do you have to add the mercury like the motion pro kit?
                    1982 GS1000S Katana
                    1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by pano
                      Do you have to add the mercury like the motion pro kit?
                      If your talking about the Carbtune, it does not use Mercury. thats the majic behind it!!

Comment

Hi

Carbtune II use steel rods instead of mercury.
                        They work great..

Comment

I have the motion pro and it works but I do not like the mercury aspect to it. You can crack the throttle and suck it into the carbs or have it potentially spill if your not careful or the kids could get into it. I may buy one of these units.
                          What do you guys think of the colortune?
                          1982 GS1000S Katana
                          1982 GS1100E

Comment

Do you mean carbtune or actually colortune. Carbtune sets vacuum levels.
                            colortune is another instrument for visually adjusting mixture settings.
                            I have a carbtune II and I wouldnt be without it. Its a big improvement over the cheaper mercury tools. Carbtune does not use mercury. A great aspect of the carbtune is that if anything does happen to it, it can be returned and rebuilt/serviced and replacement fittings for it are available and John answers his email. :-)

I dont have the colortune.

Earl

Originally posted by pano
                            I have the motion pro and it works but I do not like the mercury aspect to it. You can crack the throttle and suck it into the carbs or have it potentially spill if your not careful or the kids could get into it. I may buy one of these units.
                            What do you guys think of the colortune?

Comment

Earlfor,

I switched gears and was curious if anybody actually uses the colortune. I was reading about it on the carbtune website.

I will pick up a carbtune sometime in the future.

Thanks
                              1982 GS1000S Katana
                              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                              X