X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGK B8EV

HI

Just wondering...

Is the NGK B8EV Sparkplugs worth the extra money,compared to B8ES???
    Anyone use them on the old GS ??
    Want to try them ,but cost 4 times as much as the B8ES here in Norway..

Hi Einar,
    The B8EV is a high performance plug. The small electrode is designed to reach it's combustion temperature quicker, give a stronger, more focused spark and be less prone to fouling than the standard B8ES. I doubt you would notice any difference running it in your GS thou'. I had them in my XS1100 and didn't notice any improvement. For my money I'd stick with the standard plug.

Comment

Hey are you guys talking about the G-Platnum tipped NGKS with the small electrode

Comment

Hi
        yes.Was thinking that plugs like that would be nice in a old GS with higher comp. than standard

Description: NGK Fine Wire Spark Plugs were developed to meet the demands of low-powered magneto type ignition systems on early model motocross bikes and snowmobiles. The fine wire of the EG (nickel electrode) and EV (gold palladium electrode) Spark Plugs significantly lowers the voltage requirement for firing, optimizing the magneto ignition system. NGK Fine Wire Spark Plugs feature: Smaller Diameter Center Electrode Tip Improves Ignition Efficiency Better Concentration of Spark for Quick, Easy Starts Precious Metals Used in the Center Electrode Increase Ignitability and Durability Higher Resistance to Fouling Easier to Spark in High-Compression, High-Revving Engines Better Starting Performance Even on the Coldest Days

Comment

plugs

I think the key word is low powered ignition systems, with a good one you will get no benefit ,and the high energy produced may cause more metal errosion, I have seen a honda that fractured the small center procelin tip witch wiped the cylinder out witch may be and isolated case

Comment

Working...
          X