Other Suzuki help NOT GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Suzuki help NOT GS

I have a 1971 TS250 Its a 1 cylinder 2 stroke enduro. It has a auto oiler on it and takes strait gas in the tank and 2 cycle oil in the oil tank. Every time you pull the throtle it opens the valve and lets oil in. I have recently broke the oiler and can not find another one. The oiler has a hose that gose into the intake wich I asume oils the top end of the motor and another hose that gose into the case wich I asume oils the bottom end ov the motor. Can I do away with the whole system and run just a 2 cycle mix in my gas tank rather than replacing the oiler? if so how dose the 2 cycle mix oil the bottom end of the motor? Thanks in advance for the help. I realy apreciate it.

Yes you can. The number of bikes converted to premix would stagger you if you counted them. The real question is what to run, 20/1, 28/1, 30/1, 40/1. If it was me, I would start with 20/1 and see how it ran. If it smokes more that it used to, lighten up on the mixture and try another tank.

I ditched the system on my old TY175, and it ran much better. You can adjust the pumps, but to get rid of the oil tank, hoses, and pump, sure cleaned up the bike.

Kenny

Comment

2-stroke oils the bottom end of a motor because it's drawn through the crankcase as it goes up to the head.

You will be fine mixing the gas/oil yourself and using it. I've done this with two of my 2-stroke toys...they're fine that way.

~Adam

Comment

Don't forget to check your jetting, as premix will run leaner than the autolube system. Other than that, it should be no problem to eliminate the autolube system.

Mark

Comment

Thi thing that bothers me is the carb is mounted directly to the side of the barle so I cant seem to see how the oil gets down to the bottom end of the motor. I know it was stated above but I still cant visualis it. The guy at the junk yard told my brother "when he went to buy his 250 motor" that everytime combustion takes place there is a film of oil pushed past the rings that oils the bottom end. I just cant seem to believe that a "film" is enough to oil a crankshaft doing 8000rpm

Comment

Re: Other Suzuki help NOT GS

Originally posted by jasonw
            The oiler has a hose that gose into the intake wich I asume oils the top end of the motor and another hose that gose into the case wich I asume oils the bottom end ov the motor. Can I do away with the whole system and run just a 2 cycle mix in my gas tank rather than replacing the oiler? if so how dose the 2 cycle mix oil the bottom end of the motor?
            That other line may feed the crankshaft bearing. It won't last to long without oil. It may just be a spray jet that oils the connecting rod/crankshaft. Anyhow there's a reason just find out before you remove it.

What do you mean by oiler..... lines, pump, fittings???

take a look here, http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm or http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/Default.asp
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

It may look like the carb delivers fuel straight to the top of the piston, as a 4 stroke does, but it doesn't. As the piston goes up, it causes a vacuum in the bottom end that sucks the mixture from the carb, down thru a port to the bottom end. As the piston comes back down, it causes pressure in the bottom end that forces the mixture up thru another port to the top of the piston. A reed valve stops the pressure from blowing the mixture back thru the carb.

Comment

Thanks that makes a hell of a lot more sence than what I was thinking. So the mixture gose into the case then back up before compresion hmmm Kind of like my little R/C car motors then

Comment

It is actually preferred Jason to do that. Most guys just disconnect the oiler even while working. Nothing is more notorious for blowing those older engines than those faulty old things. Just plug it off and pre mix your gas.

You get an exact mix every time and can worry less and ride more

Both my TS's were done this way.

Comment

What ratio did you mix them at? I tryed mine with my weedeater gas at 40/1 and it filled the whole block with smoke LOL I treyed to knock it down to 20/1 and it still seemed to smoke way to much

Comment

Exactly like your little RC motors...I haven't seen a two stroke yet that doens't work that way. It is why they can run in almost any orientation (think chain saw, RC airplane, weedeater, etc).

Not all use reed valves, my old Can Am used a rotary valve and the fuel air mixture entered the crank area first.

Kenny

Comment

Use two stroke bike oil, like Yamalube, etc. If 20 to 1 is to rich, try 32 to 1.

Kenny

Comment

Man jason it's been a while but I am sure that info is availble on the net. I would think any motorcycle shop or even possibly the Suzi dealer could look that up to. I truely do not remember. That was well over 20 years ago.

Comment

How can you tell if its to rich? Thats the problem I see now. Am I going to do any damage to the motor if I fire it with to little oil in the mix?
                            Also lets say I put 20/1 in the tank?? If it proves to be to much oil do I just toss out all the gas and start with a fresh tank of gas with less oil in it? That sounds expencive LOL I will use my brain though and only try a quarter gallon at a time rather than a whole tank.

Comment

black spark plug and lots of blue smoke means it's too rich. however, rich is safe, unless you're fouling plugs it won't be a problem.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X