No announcement yet.

Other Suzuki help NOT GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is too rich, dump it out and start fresh. I throw the leftover premix in the pickup and burn it (at least I get some use out of it).

20 to 1 is the thickest, with 28/1, 32/1, 36/1, 40/1 (and about as thin as I have ever seen run), and 50 to 1. Some oils smoke more than others, and don't forget to change the plug if it has ran rich for a while.

Kenny

Comment

Rich is not unsafe but lean is. If you do not have enough oil in the mix you can damage the top end for sure. I blew my TS125 twice for running lean.

Comment

Jason, a gallon is 128 ounces. 20 to 1 is 20 ounces of gas and one ounce of oil. 128/21 equals 6 ounces of oil per gallon of gas. If you were to put a gallon of mixed gas into the tank and were to run it for an afternoon, all you would have to do is drain it into a measuring container to find out how much was left. Divide however many ounces of gas you have left by 21. Lets say you had 84 ounces of gas oil mix that came out of the tank. 84/21 results in 4 ounces of oil being in that amount of gas. Say you want to change it to 32:1 ratio. 128/32 equals 4 ounces per gallon. You have 84 ounces, so it will take 44 ounces to make a gallon (128) You already have 4 ounces of oil in the gas you took out of the tank. all you need to do is add 44 ounces of plain gas.

You dont need to be dumping any gas out. Just get a pencil instead. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by jasonw
        Also lets say I put 20/1 in the tank?? If it proves to be to much oil do I just toss out all the gas and start with a fresh tank of gas with less oil in it? That sounds expencive LOL I will use my brain though and only try a quarter gallon at a time rather than a whole tank.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Could you repet that earl, I kind'f got confused in there somewhere

Comment

:-) :-)

Ear;

Originally posted by rphillips
            Could you repet that earl, I kind'f got confused in there somewhere
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
            X