No announcement yet.

gs1150 rear wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought one for $50. I have no idea if that is average or not though.

Earl

Originally posted by dig dug mx6

Also what would be a resonable price for a 3.5" 1150 rear a local salvage yard told me $150 which I thought was very high since I saw a 98 katana wheel go for $26 on ebay which I alsmost bid on but not know the amount of work needed did go for.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

$150 sounds high, I bought mine 15+ years ago and do not remember what I paid. The reason I suggested the front swap is that if you use the Katana rear it is not even a close match for the stock GS front.

You can run a 130 on your stock 2.5in rear though.

You can find some deals on ebay- I got an entire 1993 Katana 750 rolling chasis for $300. This included wheels, brakes, forks and just about everything else except powerplant and bodywork. After selling off the extras like instrument cluster and rear subframe I made my $300 back. As I said katana parts are overlooked as everyone wants GSXR stuff. Hopefully something will fall in your lap.

Good Luck, Ed.
      1983 GS750ED

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
        $150 sounds high, I bought mine 15+ years ago and do not remember what I paid. The reason I suggested the front swap is that if you use the Katana rear it is not even a close match for the stock GS front.

You can find some deals on ebay- I got an entire 1993 Katana 750 rolling chasis for $300. This included wheels, brakes, forks and just about everything else except powerplant and bodywork. After selling off the extras like instrument cluster and rear subframe I made my $300 back. As I said katana parts are overlooked as everyone wants GSXR stuff. Hopefully something will fall in your lap.

Good Luck, Ed.
        1983 GS750ED
        Ed here we go again !!! There is no such thing as a 1993 Katana, a sticker does not a Katana make It is a GSX750F OK?!!

Comment

The 84 gs1150 came with a 3.00 inch rear rim while the 85-86 came with the 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
            Originally posted by oldschoolGS

Good Luck, Ed.
            1983 GS750ED
            Ed here we go again !!! There is no such thing as a 1993 Katana, a sticker does not a Katana make It is a GSX750F OK?!!

Dink, consider me beaten into submission.
            Ride On, Ed.
            1983 GS750ED with Kata...oops -GSX-F front end and wheels.

Comment

Working...
            X