Head Transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Transplant

I asked this question before but I think there was some confusion about t which head I meant, here in Australia Suzuki used slightly different model designations. What I want to know is can the head off a GS1100 (4 valve head) fit onto a GS1100G (2 valve head) without aany major reworking

with the mentioned oil passages that run through out the head, and the probable differences in bolt patterens, which I believe apply to your situation, I think it would be easier to find a working junker 4 vavle GS1100, and just replace the long block

Comment

Re: Head Transplant

Originally posted by patrol83
      I asked this question before but I think there was some confusion about t which head I meant, here in Australia Suzuki used slightly different model designations. What I want to know is can the head off a GS1100 (4 valve head) fit onto a GS1100G (2 valve head) without aany major reworking
      OK now that you have cleared that up. I will clarify the answer as well
      NO!!!
      Dink

Comment

Originally posted by luc8421
        with the mentioned oil passages that run through out the head, and the probable differences in bolt patterens, which I believe apply to your situation, I think it would be easier to find a working junker 4 vavle GS1100, and just replace the long block
        Even that would be difficult because the GS1100G is a shaft drive and the 16 valve motor is a chain drive.

Hap

Comment

Working...
        X