HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!

I started to take apart my carbs (83 GS1100 ESD) One of the pilot jets was very hard to remove. I twisted a little too hard, and now the notch that the screwdriver fits into is gone. I tried to tap a screwwdriver into the remains of the jet, but it is looking like quite a mess. Any ideas??

Kind regards...Craig

Do you have a Dremel tool? If not go get one, preferrably with the remote handle attachment. With it should come a tiny (like ball point pen tip) size round grinding ball. Use it to grind a nice deep groove in the brass and only the brass. Then soak it with WD40 or something for a day. The material you take out will enable the threads to let go a little. Go slow and use a good quality screwdriver (heat tempered).

Good luck!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply. The area in which I am working with is very small and I don't know if I can get a dremel tool into the spot where the jet is. I will try.

Craig

Comment

Sigh

I don't think that there is any way to get that jet out. The top of it is a mess. I can't believe how stupid one man can be (me). Anyone know where I can get another carb body?

Craig

Comment

I have a set of spare carbs that came with my GS1000G, they are black with this number stamped just above the #1 carb float bowl 00A30 3Z3. i have no idea what model these are from?

any help here with the id of these as they may be of use to Craig?

Comment

Working...
          X