Clear All

Shims or adj. rockers?

on a 83 gs1100g.

Im praying for the latter.

Thanks.

Re: Shims or adj. rockers?

Originally posted by SBG
    Im praying for the latter.
    You should know better than to petition the Lord with prayer............Jim Morrison warned you!

I'm pretty sure any GS with a 'G' designation is a two-valve motor and that all two-valve GS motors have SHIM type valve adjustment.

Guys & gals, correct me if I'm wrong (as if you wouldn't anyway!)

Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Re: Shims or adj. rockers?

Not gonna happen. Youre right.

Earl

Originally posted by Joe Nardy

I'm pretty sure any GS with a 'G' designation is a two-valve motor and that all two-valve GS motors have SHIM type valve adjustment.

Guys & gals, correct me if I'm wrong (as if you wouldn't anyway!)

Joe
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hahaha,

Joe Nardy thats very funny man. Being the Doors fan that I am, you are right, I should know better than to petition the lord with prayer. I learned that back in seminary school from the person there who put forth that proposition....

Well darn shims it is eh...

YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER...

Comment

Originally posted by SBG
          Hahaha,

Joe Nardy thats very funny man. Being the Doors fan that I am, you are right, I should know better than to petition the lord with prayer. I learned that back in seminary school from the person there who put forth that proposition....

Well darn shims it is eh...

YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER...
          You're right, that is very funny, but only if you understand the reference. I'm glad you got it...............

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

ALL of the shaft drive bikes were two valve shim style adjustment

Comment

Working...
            X