Jetting,pod & pipe spec ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting,pod & pipe spec ?

Here I go again needing your brains to make my bike better.

First things first, I'm on a budget. So if I can go with a lesser product and get almost the same result I will.
    With that said will you guys look at these ebay ads and tell me if the jets & pods will be satisfactory. Any and all input is welcome.

These pods; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

And these jets; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Will be used in conjunction with a Supertrap pipe on my (strong running)
    stock 78'1000e

Thanks again smart guys
    Rico

Rico, you can get those pod filters from CRC2 - www.usedmotorcycleparts.com - for about $9 a piece. They're EMGO brand filters.

~Adam

Comment

I think K&N's are the only pods worth buying. As for the jetting, it's trial and error. I only saw main jets at that site.
      If you can get good results with the stock adjustable jet needle, (very big if) then you may get by with buying larger mains and pilot jets. If you go with the K&N's, I'd suggest a 125 or 127.5 main, and 17.5 pilots.
      If the stock jet needle doesn't give good results, then you need a jet kit. The jet kit, such as Dynojet, will be designed with K&N filters in mind.
      You'll probably need a better spark too, if you have the old points/stock coils.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I agree with everything Keith said above. Also, the Dynojet claims that the majority of their research goes into the size and shape of the needles.

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

i concure, k&n filters or nothin i have had bad luck with other brands, especially when using k&n jet kits. the kits are made for the filters.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
          X