Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pano
    Joe,

How do you identify which type of jet you need other than pulling one out and comparing to the picture on Bike Bandit.? My manual just says #45 but gives not other info.

I still have the stock # 45 pilot jets in and would like to get them bigger as well.
    Because I have taken my carbs and cleaned them about a thousand times I have a pretty good idea what the pilots look like. Plus the carb type is BS34. I did some research and these carbs are grouped into BS30/96 at most places. Here's a description of BS series carbs from Motorcyclecarbs.com: BS series
    Between these two I am 95% sure I ordered the correct jets. Here's a link to the BikeBandit page I ordered from: Pilot Jets
    Just select the size from the drop down and add to cart. Notice that this is a pack of four jets.

Since I'm not absolutely sure these are the correct jets maybe someone can take a look and verify for us.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks Joe
      1982 GS1000S Katana
      1982 GS1100E

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Thanks to all for the replies. I just got a new Vance and Hines megaphone bolted up to the bike and wonder of wonders all my problems went away. No popping on decel, no stumbling off idle. Wow! Needles are on 5th from the top notch, fantastic carburetion. Got a great deal on the exhaust (at least as far as my internet shopping has served me) $245 from MAW, minus 5% for just happenning to order on the 2nd Thursday before Xmas. Must have meant to be. Once again thanks to all the guys who tried to help. I'm sure I'll be asking some more silly questions down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
          Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Thanks to all for the replies. I just got a new Vance and Hines megaphone bolted up to the bike and wonder of wonders all my problems went away. No popping on decel, no stumbling off idle. Wow! Needles are on 5th from the top notch, fantastic carburetion. Got a great deal on the exhaust (at least as far as my internet shopping has served me) $245 from MAW, minus 5% for just happenning to order on the 2nd Thursday before Xmas. Must have meant to be. Once again thanks to all the guys who tried to help. I'm sure I'll be asking some more silly questions down the road.
          RJ,

SWEET!!! You gotta be happy about that. It sure is nice when the bike runs right.

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Glad to hear it RJ

When I jetted my bike it was the first time for me and I am comforted to know that it seems we all have our needles raised to the 5th or 6th notch.

Ride on
            1982 GS1000S Katana
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

Post Revival!

I'm curious why raising the needle would help off-idle hesitation? Off-idle should be the pilot circuit, right? I didn't think the needles came into play until about 1/3 throttle.

At 1/3 throttle, my bike takes off from the light just fine, but if I want to slowly pull away from a light, I get serious bucking/stutter. Raising the needle in my case gives me problems when I'm going through the gears at high rpms (like 8k). Some kind of backfire through the carbs that robs power.
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
              X