1100 cylinders in a 750...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 cylinders in a 750...

I was talking to a guy who seems to have some experience with GS's,and he's done the mod where he bored out 750 (4V) jugs to accept 1100 cylinders (4V),with proper sleeves and boring,of course.
    It seems a totally different route to bigger cc's. Anyone tried it?
    Pro's / con's? Someone want to do the math to figure out the resulting combustion chamber size?
    I'm always amazed at the flexibility of GS bikes in regards to hop ups!

I'm always amazed at the flexibility of GS bikes in regards to hop ups!
    Thats why the drag bike circut still has a bunch of em out there! Pump 'em with nitrous, bore 'em out huge, turbo, whatever- they take a lickin and keep on kicking (butt, that is).
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Say it loud and proud,bro!

Comment

Doesn't seem like it would work, I would think by the time you bored the 750 cylinders this far, the only thing left to hold the sleves would be part of the cooling fins. Not to mention how close together the sleeves would be. I would think the top edges of the sleeves would overlap each other. Don't have the measurements & haven't tried it, but it sure looks like it would be stretching things a looooooooong way.

Comment

Actually the 750 and 1100 blocks are the same size. The heads even share most parts (cams, rockers, valve guides, springs and so on). The biggest difference is in the size of the oil galleys. The 750 is a high pressure system so it has smaller oil galleys than the 1100.

I'm sure the cases would require boring for that large of a piston though....

Comment

Just a rookie response here, but since I've got a 750, I thought I read somewhere on here that there was a kit to take the 750 upto like a 1050 or something? Sorry, can't remember the exact size, but there is a kit to take it up pretty high. I personally would have Heat issues in Florida, but hey, that's me.
            I thought it would only take rings and boring for this. Sorry, I can't remember the specifics.

Does anyone else remember that topic?

Comment

My motor is set just like that with 1100 head and cylinders on a 750 bottom. this was done by the former owner so I don't know all the info.
              But when I had it the motor apart I could see the case were die grinded open alot more than my spare 750 parts engine. And the displacement comes out to 919cc's.

Comment

I've always wondered if it is possible to line bore a 750 case to accept 1100/1150 crank. I know you would have to have a new clutch basket gear but what else would be needed?

Hap

Comment

Are you trying to make a stroker 750, or just looking for a new source for virgin cases?

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
                    Are you trying to make a stroker 750, or just looking for a new source for virgin cases?
                    It's the virgin case thing... 8O

Hap

Comment

:mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                      X