banjo bolts, 14mm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

banjo bolts, 14mm??

So I plan to replace my front brake master cylinder with one that has the resevoir as a separate piece, using a hose between the res and cylinder. I have found a few from various sport bikes, but one I found is this daytona 14mm master cylinder and resevoir

the guys specifically mentions that you need 14mm fittings for it, and I first thought that might be the type I see on some harley auctions, not banjo style, but now I'm wondering? so are all our banjo bolts 14mm and I don't need any "special" lines to use this?

editorial addition: aw crap, and while I'm at it, what diameter is a typical GS handlebar?? 11/16th's?

Comment

7/8 Handlebars on the 3 gs's I have owned.

Comment

Thanks! that's one down!

Comment

I think he is mistaken & that the 14mm refers to the cylinder bore of the master cyl not the fittings

Comment

I believe we have 10mm banjo fittings...I think.

Hap

Comment

oh, hmmm. I wonder what kind of cylinder bore we would be using, especially for the two disc brakes... anyone got that spec on our bikes?

I wish is were just a little warmer, it's awful hard to do all this without the bike onhand!

Comment

5/8" bore, M10X1.5 banjo bolts
                Dink

Comment

ah, thank you kindly dink! which leads me to now ask, do some of the newer bikes use a 14mm banjo bolt? one guy at a shop said they do, and it wouldn't be uncommon to see, but that would be beyond what I need, as I'll bet money mine's still the 5/8, as I found that stamped into the master case on three bikes of my model at the salvage yard. which means that 14mm is smaller than our bores... (5/8"=15.875mm)

so that being known, it would take more pull distance on the lever to get my full braking potential. nearly 30% more, actually.

thanks for all the help! if this one doesn't have some adjustment for pull length, it's not going to cut it for me!

Comment

Working...
                  X