Distributer, coil??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributer, coil??

So all of sudden I lost power, it turned out I was missing on 2/3. I am not getting any spark. When I switched coils the 1/4 coil did not work on 2/3, but 2/3 works on 1/4 so it must be the distributer?? how do I test my out put or the like??

need to tell us what year and model....

Comment

Re: Distributer, coil??

Suzuki GS's do not have a distributer. From your switching the coils, it isnt a coil problem. What year and model bike?

Earl

Originally posted by pos-tech
      So all of sudden I lost power, it turned out I was missing on 2/3. I am not getting any spark. When I switched coils the 1/4 coil did not work on 2/3, but 2/3 works on 1/4 so it must be the distributer?? how do I test my out put or the like??
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Sorry!! A+ brain fade it is a 77 gs750 with an electronic ignition, but I do not know what kind. It came on the bike

Comment

help please??

Comment

On the right end of the crankshaft, there is a round (suzuki) cover with three machine screws holding it in place. Remove the three screws and cover and describe exactly what you see.

I need to know what you have to have any chance of getting it to work. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by pos-tech
            help please??
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I opened up the ignition and noticed that the rear bracket with the white-red wires had a serious burn or melt or the like. Here are some pictures.
              Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

my guess is it needs replacing, where can I find one.

Comment

Is the white wire from the left lead completely missing or is it just blending into the picture? Any broken wire can be replaced/resoldered with a high chance of restoring function.

Comment

no, the wires are intaced, but there is no cont. between the red wire and white side plate, but there is on the lest side plate

Comment

the red wire connections should be the same for both side.

Comment

Working...
                    X