78 gs400 coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs400 coils

when i purchased my bike i noticed one coil had a different plug end then the other one had metal around it with a seal and the other a plastic one i also noticed one looked brand new and the other looked old...one says 79 and the other says nothing im pretty sure my bike has to be either a 78 or 79 ........i unscrewed them off the coil wires neways because i was gunna connect normal plug wires for different plugs also it would look good but that one coil is not good i bench tested it a new one is 200$ and ebay to much hassle....im wondering could i use a different system of coil....not sure about 2 small car ones might pull too much juice but from like a lawn tracter 2 of them as long as the coil will be powered by a battery and triggered by the points......another question would be does the voltage matter of the coil or is a good spark a good spark a lower voltage or higher output voltage wouldnt damage the motor will it ,,perhaps melt somthing or wut not???

this may help, you would have to make brackets ??

Comment

which one would be the best two of the single coils or that chrome one with twin terminals?....i wonder if that chrome one has a trigger intake for both plug terminals so i can use it on my twin and fire each one when it needs to be fired.....

Comment

If you have two individual coils that is what you need to replace them with

Comment

thanks alot for ur help i actually ordered two of those coils took long enough....byt he way they come with a mounting bracket and all the screws

Comment

Working...
          X