750E Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750E Exhaust

Was wondering, what else would I need with this?

I'm assuming a new can, but is there a mid pipe or something missing? Would there have to be something welded on to the header? Aslo, I'n not very familiar with motorcyle exhaust systems, but what are "Slip" or "Bolt" ons? Just mufflers? Any insight on this would be welcome. Also you don't have to re-jet right? I know you do for intake mods, but can't see the reasoning for exhaust mods?

I'm just thinking. I still have a broken header exhaust bolt, and when I get around to fixing it, why not have a new header.

Thanks

Anyone?
    Is this even a good deal? How much should the high limit be on header pipes? And what else is missing here?

Thanks. only 15 hrs left.

How would chrome exhaust look on my black bike? I kinda like the black painted one. But this looks reasonable if I can win it.

Comment

looks like it will need a mid pipe and a can.

Comment

That's what i was wondering. Can the Mid Pipe be bolted, or does it need welding?

and thanks for the info.

Comment

Got up this morning and the price jumped up quite a bit. Still may be a good deal, but I've got other things I need first. Like rubber. :? :?

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

I've got a Supertrapp on my bike right now that I'm about to swap out for a Kerker.

The header's bashed pretty well (our bikes have no ground clearance), but the mid-pipe and can are in good shape.

If you go with this pipe, PM me me and we can make a deal for the mid-pipe and can. Mine's a black pipe with a stainless can, but the can could be polished and I'm sure the mid-pipe could be blasted and chromed....

-Q!

Comment

N/M - just saw that the auction already ended.

I had a helluva time finding a pipe for my bike - there is a company in the UK or Germany that still makes pipes for our bikes, but they're very spendy (300-350 GBP, plus shipping) - I'll try to dig up the link.

Try looking for an oil cooled GSXR 1100 or 750 pipe. They're not that plentiful on eBay, but they'll fit with minor mods if you can find one. I've got a factory 4-2 header from a '91 GSXR1100 that I'm going to use for a custom twin high-mount setup.

I do have an original Yosh and that Supertrapp that I'd be willing to sell - both headers have the usual flattening underneath from speed bumps and god knows what else the previous owners decided they could do on a bike with 6" of ground clearance, but are both still useable. Cans are in good shape, and I polished the Yosh since the guy I got it from decided it was better to flat-black the WHOLE exhaust instead of simply taking the can off....

I can email or link photos if you'd like.

-Q!

(I guess I'm the luckiest '83 750 owner I know right now, in that I've got a Kerker, Yoshimura, and Supertrapp for my bike. Pity they're not all in perfect shape, but the Kerker only has a single small ding in the header - so it's my keeper.... Now, if I could only find a V&H cannister pipe and a Jardine from '83, I guess I'd have all my bases covered!!)

Comment

Thanks for the offer.

My next purchase are new tires, but if you want I may be interested in a couple months on the mid pipe and can. I've looked at some on e-bay and see some possible fits. With mods of course. If you are wanting to offload them, pm me.

I know what you mean about the header. I've bottomed out over speed bumps riding 2up. I looked the other day and got the noticeable dents as well. Guess I'm not the only one with that problem.

I'd like to see some pics of your bike too, if you can. That would give me some ideas. Maybe you have some with the different exhausts?

Why going to 4 into 2? I like the 4 into 1 myself.

Comment

I just put the ESD bodywork on it, so it's two-toned ugly right now - but that's it in my avatar with a cafe fairing and trimmed tail.

I'm looking at the 4-2 just for something different. I want to try high-mount pipes running under the passenger grab rail on both sides, maybe twin Two Brothers or D&D cans.....

Here's the ES with the Kerker - this is the picture that was posted on eBay when I bought the bike for parts (long story - shipped from MD to CA)....

Here's how the ES sits today...

Here's my E with the Supertrapp before any real changes...

Here's a good shot of the E with Hurricane 600 clip-ons, round headlight and cafe fairing (still with the Supertrapp)...

Here's a shot of the E going up Mt. Diablo a few weeks ago with the cafe fairing, bobbed fender, Yosh pipe, Hurricane clip-ons, and bar-end mirrors...

Here's a photo of the E with the ES body work, new Telefix adjustable clip-ons, Katana 600 controls, custom seat, Supertrapp pipe, and factory mirrors (taken just a few minutes ago - my shop is a mess, I know...). I was touching the Yosh header down on hard right handers, and the bar end mirrors would quit above 60 MPH....

Got some more pictures of those bars, the seat, and the other pipes in a second....

-Q!

Comment

Here's a better shot of those Telefix clipons (great deal on eBay - 37mm, for future reference). Hurricane (CBR600F1) clip-ons will work, but the bars are so short you'll be cramped for space for your controls (nothing like having a throttle that won't snap back because it's being pinched by your barends and switches - a Dremel tool will only get you so far )

And a closeup of that seat - it came with the ES parts bike. Nice re-shaping...

The GSXR and Yosh headers....

The Yosh can (removed the nameplate to polish the can - the plate polished up copper...?????).

And the Kerker - stuck away on a lonely shelf until I can clean and re-spray the header.

-Q!

Comment

I love the new clip-ons. Four-way adjustable....

I lowered my front end about 5/8" to use the old clip-ons, and couldn't lower it any more to flush up the new clip-ons due to the air holes in the forks. There's plenty of grab on the fork tubes, and I think it looks nice at the fork nut. Extra leverage, 16" wheel, lowered front end - she'll turn in nice and quck, but not the slightest bit twitchy.

The bar-end mirrors were cosmetically nice, but they got sloppy and vibrated too easily. Plus, with all of the lanesplitting I do, they added about 10 inches to the width of my bike.... I'm thinking about going with some smallish fairing-mounted mirrors.

I like the way the ES bodywork looks - especially with the aftermarket belly pan. I'm losing second gear slowly but surely in my bike at about 57K miles, so I'm going to run the ES motor while I rebuild the E motor. I've got new gears and a new clutch basket - I'm looking to do an overbore, but piston kits are hard to find. I'd also like to change the cams and have the head reworked, but money will be the deciding factor...

I've got the bead-blasted wheels from the ES - I'm cleaning them up now. I'm going to polish the lip and the spoke edges before I put them back on, and may use the polished fork legs from the ES, too. Ultimately, I want to go with newer Katana wheels and brakes. I'd like to do a swingam/fork swap, but doubt it's in the budget.

I plan on taking it down to the frame once the engine is rebuilt, but will probably prep it for paint and ride it primered with the ES motor for awhile....

I liked the look of the bobbed fender and flush-mount signals before I installed the ES bodywork, too - but I had some problems after cutting the steel sub-fender which also supports the tail light. I rigged up a quick bracket out of aluminum stock which worked, but I'll probably try something different if I go that route again - after I cut the original sub fender, it pretty much disentigrated due to vibration from the tail light...

Anyways - not that I intended to bastardize your thread. PM me if you want any more photos. Don't worry about the pipes - they'll probably just hang on my wall until I figure out what to do with them. I understand how tight money can get - especially when it comes to toys. Be sure to check out discountmotorcycletire.com for rubber - I'm running Bridgestone BT045 Battlaxes and they're about the best gripping tire I've tried on this Pig. Stick well enough to grind pegs, and at roughly 6500 miles still have plenty of tread (although squaring from the occasional burnout and a bunch of superslab miles...).

Now - post some of your photos!!!

-Q!

Comment

Working...
                      X