Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backrest for 1983 GS 450A

Hi Everyone;

I am the proud new owner of a 1983 GS450A, my first bike. I am trying to find a backrest for it but am having a ton of trouble. I am not sure if they were ever made or if there is an after-market one which may fit. There were not a ton of these bikes made, but I have learned that it is identical to the 1982 model. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Many thanks,

Beth

I've had experience not finding a backrest or rack for either of my 1100's. It seems as if this is one of the harder items to come across. That, and quality exhausts.

I'll keep an eye out for you.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I would look for one off an L model bike. I don't know about the 450 or 1100 like you both are asking (and good gracious I would love one for my 450L as well) but I know it was a dealer option on the 850L to have a sliding back rest that would slide forward for the driver or when riding tandem, slide back for the rider. I will see if I can find a picture.

Comment

backrest for sale

I have a real nice aftermarket backrest that has a detachable leather napsack. It came off my 650G. It is adjustable and can fit amost any bike.

If interested send me you email address and i can send some pictures

brosky@comcast.net
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
        X