Carbs not right please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs not right please help

I was wondering I have a GS 550ESD and I think I have carbs off of a EF, ESF because the jets are 90 and 97.5 and the thottle valve reads 110. The ESD should have jets of 95 and 102.5 and a thottle valve of 120. Can I use my present carbs or should I try to find the ESD carbs.

Re: Carbs not right please help

You can order the jets you want from you local dealer or online for a couple dollars each. Other than the jetting, I'm reasonably sure the carbs would be the same. If the bike is running well andf the plugs now are burning a light brown to tan color, youre fine and done even need to rejet.

There's quite a bit of variance in jetting depending on intake system and exhaust.

Earl

Originally posted by reem98
    I was wondering I have a GS 550ESD and I think I have carbs off of a EF, ESF because the jets are 90 and 97.5 and the thottle valve reads 110. The ESD should have jets of 95 and 102.5 and a thottle valve of 120. Can I use my present carbs or should I try to find the ESD carbs.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I am wondering if I have the wrong carbs on will it restrict my HP. And would carbs made for an EF with 110 throttle valve and 97.5 and 90 make my ES weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by reem98
        I am wondering if I have the wrong carbs on will it restrict my HP. And would carbs made for an EF with 110 throttle valve and 97.5 and 90 make my ES weaker.
        The carbs are likely the same but may have different jets. I have a set of Katana carbs on my GS1100E and the carbs are the same but the jets are slightly bigger.

Comment

Working...
        X