Bike wont start - cold right side exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike wont start - cold right side exhaust

I checked out a GS 750 today that is for sale. I'm thinking of buying it to fix up. But there seems to be problems and I wondered if you guys knew what's up.

The bike started with the choke out. But we couldn't get it to warm up enough to take out on the road. The air out of the left side exhaust was hot and out the right side exhaust was cold. When I touched the engine, the left side was hot whilst the right side was cold. There was no backfiring.

Ideas anyone?

Sounds to me like gummed up carbs.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Could be many things. Blocked carbs is one reason. Ignition problems is another. Could be a really cheap fix, or require a little or more money. If the bike is cheap it is worth a go.

Comment

Since 3&4 are fired by different coils I have to say CARBS pluged up

Comment

Souns like what mine did when the carbs clogged up.I also have a ninja that done it and it was no more tha a bad plug.

Comment

Carbs need cleaning.

Earl
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks for all the great replies.

Comment

i had the same problem with my twin turned out being a coil...even after adjusting the new points and installing new condensors the one cylinder insisted running on and off depending on rpm's.....i switched it to the good coil and the problem switched to other cylinder plus i bench tested them both..

Comment

Working...
                X