stupid cleaning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid cleaning question

What is the best cleaning solution for the windshield for my '81 GS650EX?
    It has some scratches from the previous owner and I don't want to make it any worse.

Re: stupid cleaning question

Just for getting off bugs and road grime, soapy water. Tar, gum, adhesives use mineral spirits. For polishing out scratches abraisions, etc plastic polish and a foam buffing pad in an electric drill. For finish sealing, plain auto wax.

Earl

Originally posted by scarr
    It has some scratches from the previous owner and I don't want to make it any worse.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

There was a post from some time ago that mentioned trying the following:

When you are finished riding for the day get a towel, wet it, squeeze it out, then drap over your windscreen and leave overnight. In the morning when you remove it the bugs will wipe off clean, give it a try!

Scud

Comment

Re: stupid cleaning question

Originally posted by scarr
        Get some Novus plastic cleaner, they also sell plastic polish that will remove the scratches in your windshield. Not cheap , but it works

Comment

To get out light scratches, I'd try a marine plastic polish made for plastic windshields and covers.

Comment

Working...
          X