• Show
Clear All

engine identifing question

hey all

i have a 1981 gs750(lx)

now this engine looks differnt than the other ones ive seen
    on the other ones they have round " cam rubber ends"
    mine has rectangle one
    ive been told it may be a TCCS if so what is that mean and what are the diffrences?

Shawn

Your engine is quite a bit different than the roundies ... your head has 4 valves per cylinder, unlike the "other" which only has 2 valves per cylinder - I think they started making your motor in 1980 ... the 750 you have there is the grandfather of the present day gsxr motor - and it will get up and run when tuned properly. 8)

TSCC - stand for Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber - by the way ....

Comment

The "80" model 750 not only were the first of the 4 valve heads, they also had a plain bearing crankshaft, instead of the roller bearings. Does anyone know what the last roller bearing Suzuki was? I know the "86" 1150's were the last big Suzuki sport bike with them.

Comment

thanks

thanks guys

that info should be most helpfull
        is there anything else i should know about this unit(weaknesses ect)

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips
          The "80" model 750 not only were the first of the 4 valve heads, they also had a plain bearing crankshaft, instead of the roller bearings. Does anyone know what the last roller bearing Suzuki was? I know the "86" 1150's were the last big Suzuki sport bike with them.
          so far there is not a "last", the two strokes still use roller bearings.
          and in four strokes the GZ 250 street bike uses roller bearings.
          and the LS 650 savage uses roller bearings.

Comment

Working...
          X