Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding stainless steel MM screws for 1980 GS1100E....HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding stainless steel MM screws for 1980 GS1100E....HELP!

This may sound like a weird request...but I'm finding it extremely hard to find stainless steel MM screws for the restoration of my 1980 GS1100E bike!!! I went to Home Depot: Nothing....I went to the local hardware store: Nothing....I went to Autozone: found some, but not many of the different sizes I need.

Any suggestions? I have many screws and bolts that look rusted...I am trying to replace all those rusted parts on the bike.

HELP!!!

Rudi,
    In my area you can get most of them at Ace Hardware or Napa Auto parts.I would try these if you have one anywhere close to you.

Michael

Comment

Try these.

Comment

Thanks!

I'll give those suggestions a try. Hopefully I can find plenty of the screws I need.

Thanks!

Rudi
        San Antonio, TX

Comment

My brother works for O'Reilly auto parts. He said to ask the counter if they have a Dorman (not 100% for the spelling, but thats what it sounds like) catalog. The one by my house in Porter had one, but I didn't look into it.

Comment

Rudi,

San Antonio has many bolt & screw shops, try them. I know of one on the road that skirts the southeast side of international airport. I don't remember the name though. Most bolt and screw shops have a pretty good assortment of stainless metric bolts.

Comment

Everybody,
              Please check out www.mcmaster.com they have just about everything you can image related to fasteners, hardware, tools, materials, fabricating, measuring, ect..... Good prices, next day delivery. You'll thank me for it later.
              And yes they have stainless metric socket head cap screws.
              Axel

Comment

Working...
              X