Stupid friggin' Haynes manual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid friggin' Haynes manual...

Unfortunately I have no factory shop manual for my 83, and even though I do for my 81, there are some differences. Until I get a shop manual (or Doug copies the supplement for the 83- hint, hint) I'll have to lean on you fellas a little. The front shocks are completely different. The Haynes maunal that I have for the 83 lists the fork oil level for the following US 1100 models: T, ET, EX, LT and EZ. I have a freakin' ED!!! The manual is supposed to cover all 1000's, 1100's and 1150's from 1979 to 1988, but it's full of lies- LIES I TELL YOU!

What model listed would be correct to use for specs and such?

What is the fork oil level supposed to be for my 83 1100ED?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

I found it. Once again- "I am so smart- s, m, r, t".

Haynes still sucks.
    Currently bikeless
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: Stupid friggin' Haynes manual...

Originally posted by Jethro
      Unfortunately I have no factory shop manual for my 83, and even though I do for my 81, there are some differences. Until I get a shop manual (or Doug copies the supplement for the 83- hint, hint) I'll have to lean on you fellas a little. The front shocks are completely different. The Haynes maunal that I have for the 83 lists the fork oil level for the following US 1100 models: T, ET, EX, LT and EZ. I have a freakin' ED!!! The manual is supposed to cover all 1000's, 1100's and 1150's from 1979 to 1988, but it's full of lies- LIES I TELL YOU!

WOW! Winter really gets to you, doesn't it?
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

There's not enough snow to ride the sled, but enough snow and ice to make the roads unfriendly to bikes- plus it's COLD- yeah, this winter is gettting to me.

Luckly I have the wrenches on the bike a bunch. You should see how clean it is too!
        Currently bikeless

Comment

Re: Stupid friggin' Haynes manual...

yeah, yeah, yeah. 8O 8O 8O
          They'll be emailed to you, tonight.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Check the midol box, it's next to the dosage.
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

There's not enough snow to ride the sled, but enough snow and ice to make the roads unfriendly to bikes- plus it's COLD- yeah, this winter is gettting to me.

Luckly I have the wrenches on the bike a bunch. You should see how clean it is too!
              Obviously your winter depression and anger have affected your grammatical skills........................
              IBA# 24077
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Should I be offended by all these fine people trashing me? Or should I just admit that I asked for it?
                Currently bikeless

Comment

Should I be offended by all these fine people trashing me? Or should I just admit that I asked for it?
                  I would (and have) admit that I asked for it and watch carefully for someone else to screw up so you can join in with the trashing............ :twisted:
                  IBA# 24077
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

YEA!!!!

I got my Paragon Brake lines in today! They look oh so nice!

So you should hear a lot less bitching from me for a few days.
                    Currently bikeless

Comment

YEA!!!!

...So you should hear a lot less bitching from me for a few days.
                      Thank God!!!

Hap

Comment

The factory manual is the only one worth having. The Haynes, etc, manuals, can cause confusion.
                        I'm sure many members here that have access to a copier would make copies of their factory manuals to help others work on their bikes. It takes a little time and you have to have an understanding boss if you copy at work. But for a free lunch, what the heck.
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Doug has been hooking me up. Apparently it's the same manual as my 81 but with a supplement for the 83. He's been e-mailing me the scanned copies.

I hope to scan my entire manual in to the computer. Mine is getting really beat up.
                          Currently bikeless

Comment

Geoff,
                            Put it on a CD.

This way you have a backup........just in case you get pi ssed off at your PC and format your hard drive
                            Keith
                            -------------------------------------------
                            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

This way you have a backup........just in case you get pi ssed off at your PC and format your hard drive
                              Or smash the lappy against the wall. I almost did that the other day- damn wireless internet...
                              Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
                              X