AIR FILTERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIR FILTERS

Does anyone out there know or have tried changing the air filters and housing? If i remove the original air filter box and but 2 say K&N
    air filter units on do I have to rejet or readjust the carbs.
    I know on some of the cars I have had in the past the more air the better,
    does this have the same effect on the bike's or is it adverse ?

Any help is always appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gary

YES YOU WILL HAVE TO REJET

Comment

Re: AIR FILTERS

Yep, rejetting will be needed. Pod filters will move more air. Whether or not its better depends on what you're aiming for. Pod filters when jetted properly tend to help out the top end and thin out the midrange (when compared to the stock setup). This could make the engine 'peaky', it'll also be a little noisier - the stock setup muffles a lot of the intake honk.

Sam

Originally posted by GARYEIN1
      Does anyone out there know or have tried changing the air filters and housing? If i remove the original air filter box and but 2 say K&N
      air filter units on do I have to rejet or readjust the carbs.
      I know on some of the cars I have had in the past the more air the better,
      does this have the same effect on the bike's or is it adverse ?

Any help is always appreciated.
      Thanks
      Gary

Comment

If you're not really into jetting, the easiest you can do is buy a Dynojet kit and the appropriate K&N filters advised for it. Follow fitting instructions carefully, work as clean as possible. In 99% of the cases you will gain power, torque and a bit of noise without hassle.

Greetz, Marco.

Comment

Also, be carefull. I put pods on my 81 without re-jetting and thought it was running fine with just a little popping on the deceleration. Turned out I was running way lean and I burnt my exhaust side cam seats- I assume because it was running hot.

It was decieving because it had more get up and go when I installed the pods- I thought it was all good.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X