Suzuki GS1000G/L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GS1000G/L

I have a question for you guys, I have a 1981 GS1000G, I have the chance to get a great set of carbs from a 1981 GS1000L, will they fit and are they exactly the same as mine. Any info would be great.
    Ps, looking at the PICS the guy sent to me, they look the same, but saying that I bought 2 sets off ebay, and found after arrival that they were 850 ones. Phil.

Their may be minor jetting differences, the carbs themselfs should be the same should be 34mm I have a 1000G motor to put in my 850- I have two sets of 34mm carbs/ I'm going to make one set out of them

Comment

Hi
      The carbs are the same.Mikuni BS34SS...
      Float hight 22.4+-1.0
      Main jet #115
      Pilot jet #40
      Starter jet #45
      Pilot air jet #160

The engines are identical ecept for the gear ratio on second and fift gear..
      Lower on the GLX....

Einar

Comment

GS1000G

Thank Thank Thank you guys.

Comment

Jets

Just another question, I put a K&N airfilter element in the airbox, it has a Harris 4 into 1 exhaust, and all new cut in valves, you stated that a 115 main jet should be in it, should I go with a larger jet? (when I eventually get it started)

Comment

Hi

On my bike I have KN filter and Yoshimura 4-1 exhaust.

Run great with Mikuni 115 or Dynojet 118
            Tried both of them.
            The needles I have in 4rt. grove from top.
            Going to put Wiseco 1100 on it.
            Hopes it runs fine with the same setup.
            Time will tell...

Still winter here

No snow,but ice on the side roads.

Comment

Carbs

thanks for all the reply's, I bought the carbs ($99) and the owner cleaned them up and serviced them, they came off a GS1000L, what will have I have to do to run it properly on my G? how many turns out on the air screw settings? or should I just wait till I get the carbs balanced at the local bike shop as he might know more than me!

Comment

I would start with 2 1/2 turns out. You have to run it & then check the plugs

Comment

Working...
                X