Stupid fork question on an 83 GS1100 E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid fork question on an 83 GS1100 E

Where the heck is the air filler (schrader) valve? I can't find one, yet people here have talked about putting air in the forks of this model!?!

What am I missing here?

TIA,
    Tim

On my 82....it is just below and to the left side of the headlight (as if sitting on the bike) . It looks like a chrome 12mm bolt but it is a cap that covers the air valve.
    1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E

Comment

Re: Stupid fork question on an 83 GS1100 E

Tim, I'm not going to tell you, because I think putting air in the forks is a bad idea.

Earl :-)

Originally posted by HiSPL
      Where the heck is the air filler (schrader) valve? I can't find one, yet people here have talked about putting air in the forks of this model!?!

What am I missing here?

TIA,
      Tim
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Unless you still have stock springs- then you must use air.

Unlike some others opinion, I believe air is a fantastic suspenton agent. From my mountain biking days, the best shocks were air shocks, however, weight was a huge player in the picture.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: Stupid fork question on an 83 GS1100 E

Originally posted by earlfor
          Tim, I'm not going to tell you, because I think putting air in the forks is a bad idea.

Earl :-)
          Well aren't we Mr. Helpful today.

I'm not springing (pun intended) for the progressives yet, and I need more preload than the puny little caps give me. I could cut some spacers but I would want another inch of preload and I don't think I could wrestle the caps back on with that much spacer in them. It's hard enough right now...

Thanks for all the REAL answers....

Comment

Working...
          X