Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 GS1100E exhaust pipes....is $500 too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1100E exhaust pipes....is $500 too much?

I would love to replace my older exhaust pipes for new ones...I went to www.bikebandit.com and found them for approx $244 each. Needing two would break the $500 barrier.

Not being a seasoned bike owner, I'm not sure if that is a good price. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Rudi
    San Antonio, TX
    1980 GS1100E
    89,500 miles

For new that's what your probably going to windup paying. (If you find new cheaper post a message telling where). I'm suprised they're still available. I checked on new for my 82 and they're discontinued (the whole exhaust system would have been $700 +).
    You could watch on E-Bay for used or look into an aftermarket replacement. There are a number of discussions on here about 4-1 or 4-2
    replacement exhaust systems. The 4-2 seem to be hard to find if available at all. I guess the 4-1 to are easy to manufacture and more popular.
    You may need to re-jet your carbs if you change from stock exhaust. But I've seen where maybe this doesn't need to be done if leave the air filter system stock. Someone else here could speak to this better the me.

Comment

Like you, I've priced those 1100 parts on Bike Bandit, but I'm betting that if you try to order they won't be available. Let us know.

Comment

I saw a nice set of reconditioned pipes on ebay for some good prices.

Comment

Working...
        X