Float bowl gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float bowl gaskets

I am rebuilding my carbs and have a K&L rebuild kit which included a new float bowl gasket. My question is do I have to use anything on this gasket to seal it or do I just need to remove the sticky tape and jthen bolt on the rest of the carb? Thanks!

I replaced my float bowl gaskets a few months ago, and they havent leaked since. I did not use any kind of sealer, just remove the old, replace with the new, and 4 screws later, it was sealed.

Comment

No sealant needed indeed, very handy when fidling with carbs, btw make sure the jets (if supplied) in the rebuild kit are the same size as your old ones!

Comment

Thanks for the info.! I may just be ready to put these rascals back together again. Thanks also for the jet info., I was really surprised when I checked the K&L kit to find that only the main and pilot jets were the same as the old ones! In fact, I'm still wondering whether I can use the needle jet seat since it looks a little diffferent, in that it does not have a ring notched into it at the top like the one that came off my bike( a gs 650gx)? Has anyone had any experience with this issue?

Comment

Working...
        X