Carbs not the same in cleaing guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs not the same in cleaing guide!

I just bought a rack of 650 carbs for my 1980 550. I am going to switch out the jets and needles and then pray I didn't screw anything up. I am almost ready to dip my new rack but I can't get to the air screw... in fact there are covers on the air screw ports that have a tiny little hole in them. I can't tell if the covers are attatched to the carb body or not-- I can't seem to remove them. What gives? Where they a little different? How would you sync these guys?
    Travis

The screws are sealed by a small plug on th top/ intake side of the carb. (dam EPA) You need to drill them out they are onle 1/8-3/16 thick so go CAREFULLY the screw is just below the plug. If it didn't come out while drilling it- insert a self tapping screw and pull it out. Fill the hole with PB Blaster penatrant and let soak overnight Don't force the screws

Comment

got em! Now one more question. On my needle valve seat on the 550 carbs there is a small clip that holds the needle in. On the 650 carbs there is a thin piece of metal that stops the float from going a certain height... on my 650 rebuilt carbs for my 550 bike, which setup should I keep? Both?
      Travis

Comment

got em! Now one more question. On my needle valve seat on the 550 carbs there is a small clip that holds the needle in. On the 650 carbs there is a thin piece of metal that stops the float from going a certain height... on my 650 rebuilt carbs for my 550 bike, which setup should I keep? Both?
        Travis

Comment

Working...
        X