Four stroke conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four stroke conversion

hi i have a 78 gs400 twin and i am wondering if it would be possible to convert it to a two-stroke....not saying that i will because i dont like them anyways...byt i just wanted to see if its possible.......................................... ................i think its totally possible

well you could remove the engine, fabricate mounting plates and adapters and put a two stroke engine in the four strokes place.
    that would be the easyest way.
    it is possible to convert a 4 stroke engine into two stroke engine but it would require grinding special cams, changing the cam gears to ones that spin the cams at crank speed, and it will also need a supercharger to force the intake charge into the cylinders. (a normal two stroke engine uses the action of the piston on the down stroke to force the intake charge into the cylinder.

a lot of work but it is possible.

Comment

I think the easiest way to do it would to be.... taking off the head. tub. pistons and cam chain.... use a tub and pistons from a already exsisted twin two stroke this way you could run straight gas into the carb on the side of the head make the ignition fire every revolution and have the oil that comes up the studs lubricate tthe piston and cylinder walls....and the pump would still lubricate the tranny and crank... it would be like a two stroke and wouldnt burn oil , or have valves or cams.

Comment

You could also probably cross a chihuahua with a St. Bernard.........but the result would probably be quite monstrous.

BB

Comment

Comment

I think it would be easier to just bolt an RD400 engine onto the frame. Hell you might as well just pick up an intact RD (or even better an RZ).

Comment

Working...
            X