I am getting a little oild seepage at the top of the motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting a little oild seepage at the top of the motor

Where the tach screws in.Where the metal meets metallooks like it could be the gasket........I have not changed the oil in 3k(doing it this weekend) Do you thin a heavier weight like 20w50 will remedy that?? I hope so..It is not much I just do not want to look like a Hardley 8)

Hi Alwyn No heavier oil won't help.An o-ring is starting to leak.You could take out the tach drive and clean it.When you put it back into engine put a SMALL amt. of grease on ot.That will usually seal it for a while.

Comment

My GS 850 leaked from tach connection also one small O ring and one small seal 15 minutes work No more leak

Comment

ditto here for the bad o-ring, it was an easy fix.

Comment

Re: I am getting a little oild seepage at the top of the mot

Originally posted by Alwyn678
          Where the tach screws in.Where the metal meets metallooks like it could be the gasket........I have not changed the oil in 3k(doing it this weekend) Do you thin a heavier weight like 20w50 will remedy that?? I hope so..It is not much I just do not want to look like a Hardley 8)
          NEVER LIKED YOU YELTON 8O --WHO ARE YOU TO ONLY HAVE ONE OIL LEAK

Comment

Hey Scotty, to have an oil leak you first have to put oil in

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbel

Hey Scotty, to have an oil leak you first have to put oil in
              I will put some oil in soon--and i thought that my bike was leak free

Comment

That leak is a simple o ring. I changed mine last year, so on that basis it is due every 23 years!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                  Cheer up Scotty, back in the Norton days of the '70s the oil leaks used to have part numbers. :-)

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kkmiller
                    Cheer up Scotty, back in the Norton days of the '70s the oil leaks used to have part numbers. :-)

Kim
                    Right and if any of these blokes think that their gs bike vibrate. The nortons made my 500cc single Vello feel like a Goldwing by comparison

Comment

I went from a GT70K to the GS1000. High frequency vibes were noticeable but only something to note not complain about.

I think power, suspension, handling made up for it somehow!!!

Comment

Al must be away on vacation to have just let this one slide--OR IS HE JUST TO COOL

Comment

Al must be away on vacation to have just let this one slide--OR IS HE JUST TO COOL

VACATION man......I just got back in town today and I am Heading up to the Mountains this morning.....WOO
                          HOO

Comment

Working...
                          X