Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these work? 1983 Suzuki GS850 Front Brake Rotors

'1983 Suzuki GS850 GS850L Front Brake Rotors'
    Does anyone know if one of these will work with my single front disc 1980 suzuki gs550t? If not, would anyone be willing to part with one for a reasonable price?

I don't think so Usually the single disk application uses a thicker disk
    for the increased stress & heat

Comment

they probly will work, AOD here on the gsr has a 79 550 e and he was able to fit a later modle vented disk on his bike. by the way, they only made the 550 T in 81, either you have a 1980 550 e or a 81 550 t. are your current disks front and rear vented or soild? what shape are your front brake pads, square or round? does your seat flip over to the side when you open it or does it come completly off? these will tell me if you have a T or E.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

hmmm. well I've got GS550t covers on the side and I'm pretty sure my tag on the front of the frame say '80 (but maybe it's sold in '81)? My current disks are vented and my sit pulls all the way off, I'll check the pads tonight. Hopefully I can get a cheap vented GS rotor from a similar year and save some $$$.

Comment

They will NOT work. I gave AOD his rotor and it was off of an 82 GS750T. The T model had a single slotted disc in front. It is larger than the dual disc model. The E's and G's use two discs that are about 20 mm smaller in diameter. They will not contact the whole pad and greatly reduce your stopping power. Look for a later model with single disc front ends. The 82 and 83 750T will work, and I think there were some L models with single discs but I don't know which ones.

HTH,
          Tim

Comment

hmm i'll have to look now i have some slotted rotors for my 1000 i am going to use i have to compare them to my 550, but i am not to sure what bike these slotted rotors came off since it was a bit of a grab bag.

it sounds like you have a 550 t if the seat comes all the way off, and you already have vented rotors. the 80 thing on the frame is probly dated late 80 like december, november thats the date the bike was made in the factory, so what you have is a 1981 model made in 1980 , i haven't checked mine so i don't know when it was made.

ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
            X