Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OILCOOLER GSXR

Hi everyone
    I'm looking for info on GSXR oilcoolers. What year bikes ran oilcoolers. Can I mount one on a 82 GS1100E. I have a 85 GS1150 oilcooler on it now with my upgrades it still runs hot in the summer. Looking for a bigger oilcooler. Rebuilding bike again for more HP and don't want to overheat anymore. The bike runs about 280 degrees normal. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Load pipes save lives

What year bikes ran oilcoolers. Can I mount one on a 82 GS1100E
    The oil cooled bikes were from 85-91. 92 and up were liquid cooled.

Does it fit? No idea. The GSXR cooler is HUGE compared to a conventional cooler. I had an 86 750 and the cooler must have been 13"-14" wide and 8"-9" deep. Definitely more capacity than your existing one.

Just for thought, you are not limited to a bike cooler, any oil cooler will work and really all they are is an air to liquid heat exchanger. So check out tranny coolers and automotive oil coolers if you want more capacity and are having a hard time finding a bike one.

That said, the GSXR ones will have a bunch more capacity and should be findable on E-bay or a wrecking yard.

Mark

Comment

cooler

Want a cheap one use an old ford power steering cooler, small easy to mount, about $3 at a junk yard

Comment

give this a wurl

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

the guy that runs oldmankawaski website gives these high reviews and cheap. you can pick a size you want.

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

the new bandits are oil cooled also

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
            the new bandits are oil cooled also
            Any of the 96+ Bandits are oil cooled and so are all the late model Katanas.

Comment

Re: OILCOOLER GSXR

Originally posted by TOFAST
              Hi everyone
              I'm looking for info on GSXR oilcoolers. What year bikes ran oilcoolers. Can I mount one on a 82 GS1100E. I have a 85 GS1150 oilcooler on it now with my upgrades it still runs hot in the summer. Looking for a bigger oilcooler. Rebuilding bike again for more HP and don't want to overheat anymore. The bike runs about 280 degrees normal. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Load pipes save lives
              I think that the early GSRX'ers oil coolers would be overkill on a GS 1100 as the early GSX'ers were oil cooled with a much greater capacity for cooling ( note the tiny fins on an early GSX'ers head and cylinder)than a GS 1100 needs, I've used lockhart coolers with a thermostat on my GS's, I'm sorry to say I don't know if they still make coolers anymore

Comment

thanks for all your info and for the web site helped out alot

Comment

Working...
                X