clutch cable location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch cable location

With the help of all you guys, I have rebuilt the carbs on my GS650E. With the help of a little WD-40, I have got them reattached to the cylinders. But before I go any further, I have a question: Does the clutch cable pass between the #1 and #2 carbs (starting at the left, sitting on the bike)? I thing it must, but want to be sure.

Anything else I should watch for before I fire it up?

Thanks so much for all your help!

It does on my 78 GS750E. It runs pretty much straight back along under the frame then it heads a little to the left as it goes down between #1 and #2 and on to the case.

As far as other thinks to watch for, I'll leave that to those who are far more experienced.

Comment

Interesting question.....

The manuals for my GS550 shows how all the cables and wiring routes on the bikes, however for my GS850 they don't.

I've never been happy with how my control cables and wiring are routed on the 850 no matter how I play around with routing. Does anyone have any diagrams or piccies of how they shoudl be routed?

Comment

All models of GS I have worked on (which is everything except an 850 and a 425) have had the cable routed between the 1 and 2 carb.

Earl

Originally posted by ptm
        It does on my 78 GS750E. It runs pretty much straight back along under the frame then it heads a little to the left as it goes down between #1 and #2 and on to the case.

As far as other thinks to watch for, I'll leave that to those who are far more experienced.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

Working...
          X