GS1000G rear shocks (Progressive?????)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G rear shocks (Progressive?????)

Hi guys, If anyone has the 2004 Metric bikes (Dennis Kirk) catalogue, they are selling Progressive rear shocks 412/13" #58-1124 these are for a 1981 GS1000G, will these shocks work well???? has anyone have them?
    I am approx 200lbs, my wife is going to ride on the back sometimes she is approx 150lbs will these shocks be ok.
    Also the shock height is 13" is it atall possible to go to 13.5" with the same shock (#58-1125) but this shock is for a GS650G (81-83) will that stand the weight and power of the 1000 motor???
    It looks like there is a small bar that runs on the bottom of the swing arm that stops me putting longer rear shocks on!!!!!! any ideas? Phil.

You can get wicked stiff springs for those shocks. They should be fine. If you do the front springs, it'll actually help the back out quite a bit by not diving so much.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

GS

I didn't change the front springs, as the bike has only 15k on them, but I did change out the seals and the springs still looked good and had a lot of tension still left in them.

Comment

I have used Progressives on a number of bikes. Both front springs and rear shocks. The front springs will really help, as mentioned in the other post. (Spacers will give you the right preload.)

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X