Brake rotors 80 GS1100E vs 82 GS1100GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake rotors 80 GS1100E vs 82 GS1100GK

Looking at a brake rotor/front wheel package on ebay. Says its off an 80 model GS1100E. The mounting to the forks is definatele different but I'm wondering if the wheel/rotors will work on my 82 GS11000GK.

the wheel is the old style wheel but is compatable, the rotors are the same.

how is the GK doing?

Comment

Thanks Leon! Doing great so far. Hasn't failed to start since I got the choke cable adjusted and the new Yuasa hasn't hurt either. Fuel mileage is about the same. Also can't get over the pinging being gone. I'm going to bid on the rotors. The tire looks to be in good shape too. Its supposed to be located in Dallas so I'm asking if I can pick it up to cut out shipping. Put in for vacation for the Hillcountry ride yesterday. Is it March 11th yet ????

Comment

I would ask him for a thickness reading and also spin the wheel to check for warpage
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Thanks

Duaneage,

Thanks for the advice. Bidding got higher than I wanted to pay but, got a PM from a fellow GS'r who has a pair of rotors to sell plus a couple of other items I wouldn't mind having.

Steve

Comment

I have a front wheel from a 82 850G that is probably the same as yours. I also have a single front rotor and some calipers. If you need a wheel it's yours for 10 dollars plus shipping

duane
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
            X