Mr Barr's O-Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Barr's O-Rings?

Does Robert (?) Barr have the orings for our intake manifolds all set up, or was that just for the carbs?

somehow I think I trust this group more than my local suzi shop... :roll:

thanks!

his kits are just for the carbs get the manifold O rings from your dealer
    check this site & get the part # then go to your dealer
    Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

cool, thanks!

Comment

geez, so I called my local suzi dealer, they want 2.99 each and they have to order them... I've heard it mentioned they should only be a few cents each, any chance anyone out there would pick me up some at a reasonable price and send them to me, at your convenience of course, I keep driving it anyway, as the leak isn't stopping it from running at least... I'll happily pay shipping and a sixxer by paypal!!

I'd rather buy one of us beer than be gouged by these jerks, if it's really only a few cents it should cost me!! :twisted:

Comment

they're only $1.36 at bikebandit.com. Although after you add in shipping, it might be more then the dealer, just buy some other stuff from bikebandit that you need, and it'll make up for the $6 in shipping.
          keep in mind though that they're not normal 0-rings, they've gotta be real heat resistant.

Comment

keep in mind though that they're not normal 0-rings, they've gotta be real heat resistant.
            I have seen regular Viton O-rings used to seal cylinder heads on air-cooled two strokes (the old RD400's in particular) and they survive head temps OK, so they should have no problems with intake manifold temps. I would pull one of the O-rings and go to a seal or bearing supplier and see what they can do to match them.

Mark

Comment

Nice website squaredancer...I hadn't seen that one before
              1982 GS1000S Katana
              1982 GS1100E

Comment

EXCELLENT SITE
                Maybe Frank can add it to the links section ?

Comment

I've only been able to find large Viton o-rings in the numbered sizes, which are based on inches.

For my GS850, I found that the "128" size fits just fine -- it's just a tiny bit fatter than the OEM o-ring. As an experiment, I ordered a batch from McMaster-Carr when I was ordering some stainless bolts. They seem to fit and function just fine:

The Viton used in the McMaster-Carr o-rings is noticeably harder than the OEM o-rings.

Itake o-rings on other bikes are probably different, so YMMV.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

If you have a chemical plant, oil refinery, paper mill, etc. in your area then you probably have an industrial power transmission supplier nearby as well. These guys will have every size and compositon of O-ring, as well as seals, bearings, chain, spherical rod end links, etc. that you could ever imagine at probably 1/4 the cost and 1/8 the wait if they have to order. These kind of components that are used in our bikes are not just engineered for motorcycles. They are sourced from standardized industrial stuff to avoid re-inventing the wheel. These suppliers are equipped to acurately measure and identify components for replacement, and can even upgrade the materials in some cases. One local supplier that I have dealt with won't even charge me for O rings because the paperwork costs more that the parts! Try it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X