No announcement yet.

Float Bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohh ic...so what if i just used a vacuum fuel pump and used the vacuum line off the one carb to run it would it work and would the floats overflow

Comment

Originally posted by bboxer872002
      i was thinking using a vacuum operated valve connected to manifold vacuum to control how much fuel will flow when its idling it would keep it at the perfect level and when its revved it will keep it at a perdect level when its off it shut the flow off ...kind of like a variable petcock...no float bowls to mess around with ....
      This is how I had set up my race bike. I used two pumps and a drain tube.
      No float, just a drain. I am working on putting a float back in only to get the back pressure I need to run the N2O without a third pump. You can just see the drain tube in this picture.
      On gasoline with a stock engine I would think you could do this with a single scavage pump and gravity feed the bowls.

Now for the down side. If you turn on the fuel to the bowl and the scavage pump is not on, well you get the idea. In my case, both pumps are on one switch.

Comment

hmm thats interesting....what would happen if it was gravity fed and you just plugged the tube for the overflow would the gas vbe trapped in bowl and not come out and would the engine run normal.....and also if i had a pump to take the fuel out again wouldnt it take it out as fast as it came it and where does it go back into the tank..

Comment

Gasoline would pour out of evey hole it could find and you would have a mess on your hands. Those floats arn't in there for the fun of it. You need to regulate the height. The stock overflow tube is not meant to do this. It needs to be large enough to return all the fuel when the engine is not running. The inlet also needs to supply enough fuel when the engine is under max load. It's a tough ballancing act. The float is a better way to go.

Comment

Working...
          X