Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiseco piston clearence

Hi

Anybody that know what the clearence between piston and sylinderwall shall be ????

GS 1000 >>>1100

Still winter

I would ask Wiseco them self, I assume there is no info provided with the kit? What is the stock clearance btw? I would like to know the difference myself for when I do my 1000->1100 conversion.

Comment

DON'T guess contact wisco for the proper clearances It will require slightly more clearance due to being a forged piston. usually the clearance is built into the piston but must be checked

Comment

I've just put the 1085 kit into mine. Wiseco recommend a clearance of 0.04-0.06mm. My pistons all measured between 72.94 and 72.96 at the skirt and so I bored the block out to exactly73.00mm. These pistons taper quite a bit to allow for more heat expansion at the top, so make sure your measurement is taken at the bottom of the skirt at right angles to the gudgeon pin.

Comment

Hi

I have emailed Wiseco,byt have not get any answer.

The Suzuki GS1000 have originaly a clearence:0.05~0.06 mm.
          Service limit:0.12 mm.
          At the workshop where I was today ,with the sylinders and pistons,the
          boss told me that this clearence was to little.
          So he told me that if I took it easy for 700~800 km then 0.07 mm
          was OK.Measuring every piston, and bore the sylinders acording to that.

Comment

Han er forkert, Einar! Klarering skulle vaerre ikke mere end 0.06mm. Jeg er helt sikkert om det.

Comment

Working...
            X