Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you identify a carb (anyone know a carb rebuilder?)!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you identify a carb (anyone know a carb rebuilder?)!!!!!

I have a 1982 gs750 tz almost finished and ready to go. I am plannning on having the carbs rebuilt by someone (good I hope) but most websites ask for the type of carb and I don't really know what it is???? Like is it a cv type something or a vm33 or a vm29 blah blah blah? This is essentially chinese to me. If someone could lend a hand in identifying I would be eternally greatful. Also if anyone on here is a rebuilder or can suggest one I would be just as grateful.

Re: Can you identify a carb (anyone know a carb rebuilder?)!

Originally posted by sparks
    I have a 1982 gs750 tz almost finished and ready to go. I am plannning on having the carbs rebuilt by someone (good I hope) but most websites ask for the type of carb and I don't really know what it is???? Like is it a cv type something or a vm33 or a vm29 blah blah blah? This is essentially chinese to me. If someone could lend a hand in identifying I would be eternally greatful. Also if anyone on here is a rebuilder or can suggest one I would be just as grateful.
    I have the same bike - the carbs are Mikuni BS32SS CV carbs ... does that help?? 8)

Comment

Yes thank you !!!! My question still stands on anyone know a quality rebuilder who specializes in GS bikes???

Comment

Yes thank you !!!! My question still stands on anyone know a quality rebuilder who specializes in GS bikes???
        We have one right here on the forum!

Comment

Not sure what you mean by having your carbs "rebuilt"--replace worn parts? clean them?--but motorcyclecarbs.com does terrific work, and can remove your frozen pilot jets. After I had my valves adjusted and these carbs synched, the bike runs beautifully from idle to redline.

Comment

There are a "few" rebuilders out there - but most will charge you "an arm and a leg" to rebuild. If your mechanically inclined, you can tackle this job yourself. If you look at the GS Garage section on the website - there is a complete teardown and rebuild section covering those carbs ... 8)

Comment

I'm not a professional but I've gone through these carbs enough. I can replace most internal components that come in a carb kit and clean them up nice. I can help out if needed.

Paul...something...Suzuki in PA I believe, can do carb rebuild/resets to original spec. However all bikes are different and may require some tuning after a carb rebuild. Syncing the carbs is also a must.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
              X