Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, I need a sacrificial VM carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again, I need a sacrificial VM carb.

It's late January, so I'm actually a little late getting prepared for the 'season opener' O-ring rush. There's quite a bit of lead time, and if I don't have the product ready to go by March, I might have to put people on a waiting list. It gets crazy sometimes.

While I'm at it, I want to 'tune up' the VM kit and tweak some of the sizes. To do this, I need a VM carb. Does anyone have an old unneeded or scrap VM carb to spare? It would sure make things easier.

I've seen banks of them on ebay, and WOW, these things can get expensive! I just need a guinea pig, so a defective carb is OK.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

RB

Robert, I know we talked about this before, and I said I was going to send you a carb.

After I moved I did find the single carb that I replaced. It's all there except the fuel pilot needle may be stuck in place...however...after I rebuilt my carbs earlier this winter (with non Robert Barr o-rings ) I have extra fuel pilot needles.

~Adam

Comment

I have one you could borrow, but I'd need it back.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

If Jethro doesn't come thru I have one you can borrow

Comment

same here robert, i have a bank of vm26's carbs i could let you borrow, if you want to stop by and pick them up. here in chicago pilsen area. but i will need them back at some point i would like to rebuild them.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
          X