No announcement yet.

Pingle conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never done it, some say that the reserve tube needs to be modified or you will have 1/2 tank when you go on reserve ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jiggles

Hmm.....Squirrel-powered vacuum. That just might work.

Hap

Comment

Mr Call
        Not to take any recognition away from squirrels, would the name for the typical vacuum motor be a wound rotor motor whose RPM is only governed bu the constant load applied by the impeller??

Comment

Originally posted by Craig
          It doesn't matter what the topic...with each post I am always amazed at the response...(dabbing a tear)... that I recieve from all of my online friends. This place is great!!
          Oh quit blubbering and whip out that rat-tail! :twisted:
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
            It doesn't matter what the topic...with each post I am always amazed at the response...(dabbing a tear)... that I recieve from all of my online friends. This place is great!!
            When you are done, you will be able to pass more gas 8O

Comment

Originally posted by FoolMeTwice
              When you are done, you will be able to pass more gas 8O
              That reminds me, I haven't read the Sunday funnies yet!
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

All this talk of rat-tails and squirrels has made me hungry......

Comment

OK! It seems that I need to reply to a few questions. 1) Yes, I will be able to pass more gas...my wife may not like that, but what the heck. 2). With regards to getting out the rat tail...can I do that in public, or should I keep that to the garage area?

Comment

I had to do patch work on the fuel tank on my Toyota, and filling it with water seemed to minimize fumes. Just don't let it sit there wet for long. To drain, I dumped the water, used a wet/dry to get what water was visibly left, then I put some gas in, sloshed the tank about, and used up the gas (a little dry-gas and I used it up in the mower). My clunky 'yota ran fine. Not sure if I'd do that my bike, though - that's a personal call.

Comment

One more way

The water method works. Used it to braze a gas tank once, guaranteed not to have an explosion.
                      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Sorry, Hap, Earl is right.

A vaccuum is a universal motor. Meaning, it will run on AC or DC, and coincidentially has brushes. My dad has an older shop vac, and it sparks more than a cheap lighter. This goes for any vaccuum, shop vacs included. This also goes for drills, corded or battery. If you are worried about the sparks from your shop vac, you shouldnt use a drill, either. Earl is also right about about the forced air blower. The blower in your home funace is single-phase AC, and brushless. If you had a spare one of those laying around (like I do), you could make a manifold for it and use that.

Oh, P.S.: I am an Electrician.

Comment

That sounds rude! 8O
                          Kevin
                          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
                            That sounds rude! 8O
                            Just having a little fun. Not to be taken seriously.
                            If I was taken seriously, it would be the first time in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by jhw84
                              This goes for any vaccuum, shop vacs included.
                              Except Reliance Electric vacs from the early to mid 90's. They use brushless AC motors.

My deepest apologies to Mr. Call.

Comment

check out 'chuckycheese' posts after using the 'search' feature for 'pingel'. tells you exactly how to cut it....h.g.

Comment

Working...
                                X