Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch/shifter question

Hello everyone,

I've got a question about the smoothness of shifting on my '80 GS 850 L.

After I changed the gear oil in both my secondary, and final drive (with 80w90 Hypoid gear oil) , I noticed that the shifting , while moving, is much more difficult.

I wonder whether I perhaps over-filled the secondary-drive, because when the bike is off, I can switch from 1st through to 4th gear very smoothly and easily.

Perhaps it is my clutch plates?

thanks for any advice.

POOT

shift

Did the bike sit for awhile before you did the change,I changed the oil in my seca after it had sat for about a week and it was hard shifting all of a sudden, turns out that the clutch with only 14k had started to go dry and was sticking the plates together, I was able to go thru the fill hole with a small long screw driver and pick them apart with the clutch pulled in, its ok now but I will be putting a new one in, I think you would know if it was overfilled, and I think you changed to syn. oil from a preveous post?

Comment

Changing the hypoid gear oil in the diff & Bevelrd gear case would have NOTHING to do with shifting, the gearbox is lubed by the engine oil. Check the clutch adjustment

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X