Missing parts from fork drawing ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing parts from fork drawing ???

Has anyone noticed that all Katana fork drawings (and other non air) do not show the upper metal slide (teflon bearing)? A further check of similar forks (using the same seal) turned up no drawing that contained an upper metal slide. (that I could find)

Any part guru's care to put a part # to this missing link?

do you see the item you are looking for in this diagram???
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDzAssWHmJlEPd*bg6stwHBR!ykRQPuFTb!!EZsrABdb!GW8 1AqT54aCt3hYU885P2jnIe9hgaUxMbqxyo4l4Xz0ILqpg0NKMw 5pPldvPzbc0i9UuukFg/katforks.gif[/img]

Comment

could it be item #8? piston,free 51172-45110, $8.05usd

Comment

I wish it was that easy.

Check this drawing of an 1100EZ fork. Quite a few more parts at the fork seal, yes? Kat forks have upper teflons. I have a set torn down right now.

The service manual for ALL Kat models says to replace BOTH sliders when torn down. AND shows a big one and a little one in numerous locations in the sevice manual.

Comment

so you are looking for the part number to the parts you have in red in the picture you posted??

if so,
          8= 51167-49500 (slide metal)
          10= 51121-49500 (piston)

Comment

No (sort of) those parts and (I assume numbers) are for 1100 EZ. Yes the parts in red are the ones I'm looking for but for 1100 SD 1000 SZ or 750 SD.

The drewings of those forks (first picure is 1100 SD) don't show pitures of the upper "metal slide", but they are in the forks. How do you find a part # for a part that isn't drawn?

What I do know is:
            Lower metal slide Part # for 1100 SD is 51121-49200
            Fork seal for same is Part # 51153-08C20

How do we find a part # for upper metal slide (1100SD) when the drawing doesn't show the part?

Nothing I ever do is easy.......

Thanks for the time.

Comment

ok lets see if I got this right, you say the part is there but it does not show it in the diagram for a 1100S but it does show it in the diagram for a 1100E??
              then get the part from the diagram for the 1100E as it would apear that you have forks for a E on your S.

Comment

No I don't have E forks on my S. And the seal # and the metal slide # are different between and S and E model. So I would doubt that the upper slide from an E would fit.

I looked up as many forks as I could and compared the seal part numbers to my S forks. I found no forks that used my seal that showed a picture of upper metal slide. (no picture no part #)

I told you this wouldn't be easy.

Comment

Working...
                X