Billet Oil Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billet Oil Cooler

Here's what went on the bike just before the hot weather. (Yep, its February and stinking hot here in Oz.) The mate who made the sump plug relocator plate also made this up for me.

It's a piece of 45mm dia aluminium billet, 250mm long. It's been bored through and turned into 2mm fins with 2mm spaces. The fins are not as deep at the ends to accomodate the elbows.

The brackets are milled polypropylene block, bolted to spare holes in the frame. The cooler is held on with cable ties.

Here It Is

Front View

Bracket Detail

Oil Take-Off - Hose between carby 3 & 4

Oil Return - Hose between carby 1 & 2 - finger is not permanent. :-)

The puddle on the adapter is only water from hosing down the bike.

Side View - You can see it sits out of the way.

I am yet to make up some plastic covers for the elbows.

The Bike - Front

The white dot under the K of Suzuki is a deep stone chip from a passing car. :x The stone whacked my knee something fierce. It was only when I got home that I realised the bike had taken most of the speed from it. :roll:

The Bike - Rear (Cooler is hardly seen from here.)

The muffler is a statement of "Less is more".

The guy who made the cooler has them on his early 80s bikes, a Honda 750 and Kwaka 1000. They test at a temperature drop of around 20 degrees C between the ends when running at fast highway riding. I have noticed already that when I stop at lights etc while running hot the engine does not have that super-loose rattly noise any more.

Kim

Kim How much??
    Dink
    and will you deliver??

Comment

Hey Dink,

Do you want to buy the bike or the shed?

Kim

Comment

Dink,

I spoke to the bloke. He has sold a couple to other guys through the bike mechanic we both go to sometimes. They went for $100/$120. Let me know if you are interested in speaking with him further.

I imagine you could make up something like this yourself. Don't you have machinery at work?

Kim

Comment

Working...
        X