Wire HArness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire HArness

Do any of you GS Masters out there, on your regular travels through the the WWW, know where, or if, anybody sells wire harnesses for our GS bikes? I'm looking for a new wire harness (complete wires/connections etc) for my GS550T (81).

Thanks -

I'm no master, but I think I recall one of them mentioning awhile back, that the only way that you will be able to get a new harness is to make it yourself. I could be wrong, I'll take a look around on the net and see if I can find one.

Moonshine550t

Comment

Aren't they available from Suzuki anymore? I replaced one some years back on my '82 GS1100E.
      Axel

Comment

I would check with bikebandit and atleast get a part # and do some checking with the advertisers in some of the MC mags you may luck out and find one

Comment

Check bikebandit, as already suggested, and get the part number for your bike. Then try contacting Suzuki America directly and ask if they still stock the part.

I was told a few months ago that they do.

While on bikebandit look for a harness for a different model of same displacement...you may get a different part number, but find the two harnesses are interchangeable, because they have extra fittings/wires
          and even if you are short one connector, you can add it yourself.

I bought a new one for my 1100g last year..it had been ordered by a shop
          and the guy sold the bike and never picked up the part...so I got it on an auction.

I had a problem with a fault inside the harness and took it completely apart last month. With all those hidden splices and connections, it will be very time-consuming , so I don't recommend making your own....although it would give you the opportunity to make a better one.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
          X