I cant get the seat off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant get the seat off

I just got an 83 gs750e today which is in non running condition. i want to get to the battery but i feel like a moron because i cant figure out how the seat comes off. Is there a quick release latch or screws i have to take out?

Maybe a schematic might help??

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

i finally figured it out that you need a key which i dont have. so i used a screwdriver to pry out the cable wich released it.

Comment

Re: I cant get the seat off

Originally posted by Tarbash 27
        I just got an 83 gs750e today which is in non running condition. i want to get to the battery but i feel like a moron because i cant figure out how the seat comes off. Is there a quick release latch or screws i have to take out?

I think theres a place for a key to unlock the seat in the tail piece, turn key, pull seat aft and up or up and aft

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27
          i finally figured it out that you need a key which i dont have. so i used a screwdriver to pry out the cable wich released it.

That's the way to do it with no key. You don't even need the screwdriver - just pop off the side panel and snake a finger under the seat, then pull on the cable sheath....

-Q!

Comment

Working...
          X