removing the carbs for cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the carbs for cleaning

what is the best and easyest way to get the carbs off so that i can clean them i just was given this 1982 gs650gl and i dont know much about this style bike can anyone help with some advice

Check the carb clean up series on the homepage. It's full of a lot of helpful stuff.

Brad tt

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar
      Check the carb clean up series on the homepage. It's full of a lot of helpful stuff.

Brad tt
      I agree whole heartedly. I knew NOTHING about carbs when I started to get my GS1100E back on the road after a long rest. The tutorials on this site got me all the way through it and the bike runs great.

One tip I could add. If in doubt, replace. I was banging my head against the wall with rough running until I replaced all the main jets and the little rubber plugs near them.

Comment

thank you

thank you to all who offered there help and sugestions i got them off and they are nasty the laqure was so strong i just about sick the rubber plug next to the main was so soft it was sticky again thank you feel free to offer more anytime

Comment

While you have them off, you might go ahead and put in new o-rings that seal the rubber boots to the head.

Also, don't do like me and remember to hook up the choke and throttle cables before getting the carbs back in, the airbox hooked up, the tank back on , the fuel and vacuum lines hooked up and the battery in, only to grab the throttle and think, "wow, that feels funny." :P

Oh yeah. My 81 GS650G runs like champ now that I have clean carbs!

Comment

Working...
          X